Friday, June 22, 2007

Three Walls

Yes, that's the name of a 'movie' - a good one I must say - I saw the casting, and I knew I wanted to watch it. And when I asked S, he confirmed the genre of the movie, and thus it went on.
Strong screenplay, brilliant direction.
Ishaan (Naseeruddin Shah), Jaggu (Jackie Shroff), and Nagya (Nagesh Kukunoor) are three murder convicts on death row. A struggling documentary filmmaker Chandrika (Juhi Chawla) arrives at the prison to capture the lives of these three convicts. Between this day and the 26th of January, the lives of these four people will turn like they would never have imagined. Inspired by a documentary he had viewed earlier and a tinge of Shawshank Redemption, Kukunoor takes this premise and weaves a chilling web interconnecting his characters through some brilliant writing. And a nice climax!

No comments:

Post a Comment