Wednesday, August 06, 2008

'Good'

I have had this discussion many times, with many people, under various circumstances - and whatever one may say, the crux of the matter is that "everyone is good".

Come what may, even when circumstances galore, just like entropy that always increases, goodness in the world can only appreciate.

Sample this - I host many people from International Hospitality Club; infact, recently more often than not, I've had someone at our place, spending the night, on a stopover or having a look around delhi. And in all cases, I have only heard cases of people helping each other - never has been the case that ANY HC member would tell me that they've had a shabby experience anywhere.

Curiosity is one thing; personal interests could be another - but other than that, I've seen that people don't trouble each other. Agreed that there is a cold war kind of culture change happening everywhere, where people don't even know their neighbors properly these days, but that is mostly because of busy nature of people, and don't say anything about people not being 'good' to each other.

Every day, I greet many people. Many greet me.

"Hey Abhinav, how are you today?"
"I am good Deepak. Thanks. How are you doing?"
"I'm good - thanks"

Having this conversation time and again, everyday, with everyone, doesn't bore me. That's because, it gives a 'good' feeling - a feeling which tells you that you 'indeed' HAVE a life - a life where people do care - although very in a very passive way, as it emanates from this example, but it does make sense, doesn't it?

Don't you think you're doing good? Or you are good? Or if nothing else, I'm good?


Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

No comments:

Post a Comment